Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back to the Show!

Please excuse my short absence, I'd been forced into a mini-vacation (purgatory???) from knitting the past few days with a thumpin' migraine. Glad to report that I'm feeling much better and have picked up the needles again.

Saturday, I sat down to knit on Cozy for a bit. Somehow, I wound up two stitches short after the 5th row on a repeat and went to rip out that row. To my horror, I saw that I had neglected to put in a new lifeline for that day's knitting. What should have been a 5 minute fix with a lifeline lead to an hour and a half of me cursing and threatening to burn Cozy. Luckily, I got it all sorted out and was able to make a bit more progress. Its a slow knit for me, very...slow...knit.


Weekend's progress on Cozy, note the threaded lifeline and ghetto straw stitch markers


I also picked up a new book Saturday evening to help coach me for the Knitting Olympics that start on Friday. I got Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch and poured over the text through the Super Bowl. I really like the way the book is set up as it has more formulas for sizing socks rather than hard and fast patterns. I like the idea of having to buy less patterns to knit for a range of foot sizes. :)

On that note, here's my big "TA-DA" for the past week...you ready???


Class Sock from Sensational Knitted Socks..with cuff and a HEEL


I'm just about bursting my buttons with pride over this little tutorial sock. Tonight, I learned a longtail cast-on method, how to knit on double pointed needles in the round, and how to work a heel stitch. This has me very optimistic for my Knitting Olympics sock project.

Just to show how nasty I was feeling yesterday, I received my latest shipment from Knitpicks.com yesterday evening, and didn't even open it! Enough Merino Style in Hollyberry and Harvest for me to knit myself a Gryffindor scarf and some absolutely yummy Andean Treasure (100% baby alpaca here folks!!) in Mystery.


I should have enough yarn to last me for a bit :)

2 comments:

Zoe said...

That cozy looks complicated.
Are you missing the heel gene? Good luck with the socks.

lkmanitou said...

The pattern for Cozy is touted as being a "simple" lace pattern. Apparently, not simple enough for my pea-brain.

I'll find out tonight about the heel gene as I'll get to try turning the heel after work! Thus far, sock knitting has been a lot less painful than lace knitting.