Monday, March 13, 2006

Fooey on Deadlines Anyway

Ok, so my artificial knitting due dates didn't work for me. Apparently, even when I try not to be, I'm a process knitter, not a product knitter. Oh well.

I did get quite a bit of knitting time in this weekend. I cast on a pair of socks for Hubs in the grey Knitpicks Essentials yarn. Not much to show, only about half an inch of k1p1 on double pointed needles. OhhhOohh!

The DNA scarf saw quite a bit of knitting time, too. Only one more cable repeat and 8 rows of moss stich left. And blocking, I have to get it to lie flat!


Only one repeat left!


Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed knitting this pattern. However, I had my first major cussin' session with it on Sunday morning. I learned a valuable lesson, don't attempt knitting charted cables without caffeine while watching Mythbusters. Somehow, I increased one stitch and couldn't find my mistake for over 45 minutes. *grumble* Eventually, I just started ripping it out and it was fixed. Woot!

I also spent quite a lot of time oogling the shawl patterns in the Folk Shawls book I picked up Friday. I think the Sarah Blanch, Aran Pocket, and "Oh-My-God-They-Killed-Kenny" shawls all go on my must knit list.

In blog related news, please sign my Frappr map. The link is located to the um...right side (sorry had to tell my left from my right there) under the Knit Alongs & Webrings section. I love those maps and thought I'd set one up for my little blog, too :)


Bandit quickly tired of modeling his new bed

1 comments:

Zoe said...

Scarf looks great...
The frappr map is way cool, I might have to add one to my blog. Although, Im not sure I'll learn anything from it. I already know where the people who comment are from, but I have quite a number of regular lurkers. Curiosity is killing me.