Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Yarrrrrrn


New Yarn!


Woo-hoo! Knitpicks sock yarn was delivered this afternoon. I was a bit amiss to see the entire box CRAMMED into the mailbox though. I had to put my SUV in park, lean out the window, and pull with both hands an inch at a time to free the yarn. Really have to wonder if it was easier to smush the box into the mailbox rather than, say, leave it on the doorstep. *groan* Anyhoo, grey yarn is for Hub's socks and the dark blue is for mine. The beige will find a new home with my mom as a pair of socks for my little sister. Apparently, the sock bug is contagious. I must be carrying a particularly virulent strain of sock knitting bug as my grandmother in Pennsylvania wants to pick up "Sensational Knitted Socks" to brush up on sock knitting (and get that whole heel turning thing).

I haven't been knitting much this week as my right thumb joints and wrist took to making odd popping noises Monday and having a migraine last night. I have three out of ten finished repeats on the DNA scarf, not too much progress for me unfortunately. However, I did stop by a yarn store last night and picked up the baby blanket pattern and got notions for the blanket and new socks. Lots of projects lined up, just not enough time!


Hey..is the flash on?? *click* Ouch, yeah it is.

0 comments: